Here’s my dirty little secret……there is no sibling rivalry in my house. Think about it. Sibling rivalry is generally caused by saying something or doing something. Aidan can’t speak and can’t get anywhere on his own. That generally super stinks, but today I’m thinking about all the things I’m lucky enough to miss out on.
Stuff like this:
- brothers who fart on each other
- an older sister who wraps her younger sister in toilet paper and throws her in the closet
- a little sister who scratches her own arms and blames her big sister
- a sister who puts make-up on a baby brother (I can own this one. As much as my brother is a hottie now, he looked great in lipstick as a 2 year old.)
- brothers who have to punch each other not just for punch buggies but also Jeeps, trucks, American flags and port-a-potties. Really?
- siblings trying to come to consensus picking out a movie before mommy pulls the plug and gets a movie for herself (I’m also owning this one and they weren’t even my kids!)
- “Stop singing” “Don’t touch me” “You’re lying”….need I say more?
The things is, I haven’t built up my immunity to this, so being around siblings generally makes me want to scream and pull my hair out after 3 minutes. So tonight I’m having an extra glass of wine to toast all of you parents of neuro-typical children. CHEERS AND WELL DONE!