NICU Top Ten
Some friends spent a lengthy time in the neonatal intensive care unit and came up with this very accurate top ten list. It proves that humor is necessary in dark times.
TOP TEN SIGNS YOU’VE BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL TOO LONG:
10. You know which fish in the 1,000gallon fish tank in the lobby is friendliest.
9. Your husband is amused by the squeaking sound his sneakers make on the cafeteria floor.
8. You contemplate sneaking a doll into the ICU and then walking out with it telling the nurses you’ve had enough of this place and are taking your baby home.
7. You ask your friends to pray about the bodily functions of your child.
6. You know too much personal information about the hospital staff.
5. Your husband knocks wildly on the door of the lactation room while you’re inside pumping, screaming that he is a woman about to burst.
4. You’re comparing your hospital stay to the Tom Hanks movie “The Terminal.”
3. You and your husband walk like the beginning of the Laverne and Shirley show.
2. You actually know what a B.U.N. number is.
AND THE NUMBER ONE SIGN THAT YOU’VE BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL TOO LONG IS….
We miss you all very much!