Attention All Turkeys…err Trotters!
You know you were inspired by the Powerthirst story but perhaps you were a bit intimidated by the whole 209 miles thing. You also know there is a turkey trot coming to your hometown this Thanksgiving. So, if this November you’re amazed and grateful for the way your body moves, sign up to be a Turkey for Aidan. We’re looking for people across the nation to run for Team Aidan in their local races. Thanks to Reader Bill for being the first to join us.
Here’s what you do:
- Register for your local Turkey Trot (or start your own!)
- Email me to let me know you want to be a Turkey for Aidan.
- Rally up your friends to let them know about Team Aidan, tell them why it’s important to you, and ask for their support.
- Collect donations and send to Team Aidan.
- Trot like a turkey and have fun knowing you are supporting a great cause!
Here’s what we do:
- Send you a one page flyer with info about Aidan to share with your friends.
- Send you a picture of Aidan to wear on your jersey.
- Enter you into a raffle to win a gift certificate to Sports Authority.
- Aidan will walk up one flight of stairs for every runner and give them a little cheer from home.
Get out there and run. Count your blessings. Be a Turkey for Aidan!